Soft Tissue & Orthopedic Procedures
Vaughn Road Veterinary Clinic provides high quality soft tissue and orthopedic surgery to area pets. We also offer a variety of complex and advanced procedures at our affiliate, Carriage Hills Animal Hospital. Our experienced veterinarians are skilled in cutting edge surgery for dogs and cats.
Pet Safety in Surgery
Our advanced technology, modern surgical techniques, and skilled veterinarians combine for a safe and effective medical environment. Prior to surgery, patients are carefully screened for safety. Anesthetics are customized to meet your pet’s specific needs.
Along with our fully trained veterinary and technical staff, we provide the following:
- Intravenous fluids during surgery
- Advanced sterilization techniques
- Monitored vital signs including blood pressure, respiratory rate, heart rate and rhythm, and blood oxygen saturation
- Heated surgery table for comfort
- Dedicated anesthetic nurse monitors patients during surgery and recovery
- State-of-the-art monitoring equipment
If needed, the patient receives intensive care services and monitoring post-surgery.
We treat all patients with care and compassion, from those routine spays and neuters to the most complex procedures. In all surgical cases, appropriate and effective pain management is vital to your pet’s safety and comfort. We complete pre-anesthetic blood work on each surgical patient and create a personalized anesthetic plan. These precautions allow us to provide the safest anesthesia experience possible for our surgical patients.
Controlling Pet Pain After Surgery
Reducing pain and discomfort is essential to a positive recovery. Our patients benefit from a multi-modal plan for personalized pain control. This personalized pain reduction plan for your pet may include medications and physical therapy. If your pet must spend the night after surgery, our expert staff monitors for signs of pain or other complications and addresses those issues immediately.
Advanced or Referral Surgical Procedures
Advanced procedures we typically perform at our Carriage Hills site include:
- Orthopedic surgeries—Tibial plateau leveling osteotomy (TPLO) and other cruciate repairs
- Spinal surgeries—Decompressive laminectomies
- Minimally invasive surgeries—Laparoscopy, endoscopic procedures
- Dental surgeries—Root canals and other endodontic procedures
All of these procedures can be scheduled through our Vaughn Road staff and location, as well. Contact our clinic to schedule your pet’s surgery.